Mooncup press area
Welcome to the Mooncup press area, where you can find our latest press releases, visual assets, and more information you will need when communicating about the Mooncup®.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to [email protected] with any questions, or if you need anything else.
Mooncup Press Releases
Download our latest press releases:
- 3 billion products saved from the waste stream thanks to Mooncup® users
- Mooncup teams up with photographer Amy Currell to mark its 20th anniversary
- Mooncup and City to Sea call for more focus on menstrual health and gender equality to tackle climate change
More press releases are also available on request – please contact [email protected] if you need any more details. Product images and resources are also available in other languages.
Please reach out for any more hi-res images, and please specify the size & spec you need.
Head to our YouTube channel to explore all Mooncup videos, many of which are available in multiple languages.
You may find the following pieces of information useful when writing your article or blog post. Please get in contact by emailing [email protected] if you have any specific usage questions.
- The Mooncup® menstrual cup is made from soft medical-grade silicone.
- It holds 3 times more than a regular tampon and can be left in for 4-8 hours. This guidance is based upon safe practice for users (as opposed to, say, the capacity or potential performance of the Mooncup vs. other menstrual cup brands)
- There are two sizes available. You can read the Mooncup sizing guidelines to find out more.
- The sizing guidelines are related to your childbearing history and your age, as these can affect pelvic floor tone. It is not related to your menstrual flow.
- Mooncup offer a unique telephone and email Advice Service run by medical health professionals.
- The Mooncup menstrual cup has been registered by the Vegan Society since 2010.
Mooncup® – a better way to bleed
- The world’s first reusable silicone cup, designed by women as a greener alternative to tampons and pads & recommended by 94% of the #RealMooncupUsers!
- The only menstrual cup made in the UK. As well as supporting local and keeping our air miles at zero, we also maintain the highest quality control standards.
- £1 from every Mooncup® sold through our website goes to eco non-profit partner City to Sea and their Plastic-Free Period campaigns. And to reach more people than ever – including those who have been historically excluded from the conversation.
- For any questions about usage, feel free to contact our friendly Mooncup® Advisors. They are medical health professionals with a background in midwifery & sexual health, so there’s no such thing as TMI!
Please could you use this symbol: ® after your first mention of the Mooncup.
Toxic Shock Syndrome
TSS is a complex and rare disease. If you’d like to learn more please read our FAQ – Can you get TSS from using a menstrual cup?