HOW TO USE THE MOONCUP
While many get the knack of using the Mooncup straight away, it can take up to 3 cycles.
Remember, your reusable menstrual cup should last for years and years. Once you’ve got it, you won’t look back.
As you would when using tampons, always wash your hands
before inserting and removing your Mooncup®.
- Part the labia and place the cup as low down in the vagina as it will comfortably sit (lower down than a tampon).
- For more information, see our FAQ on Insertion and our Positioning FAQ
Trim (first use)
- The base of the cup should sit as low as possible in the vagina. As vaginal length varies, the first time you use your Mooncup you may need to trim the stem to get the best fit for you.
- Please read our FAQ on trimming the stem before first use.
Remove and empty
- With clean hands, gently squeeze the bottom of the cup to release the seal then slide the cup out.
- Empty the contents into the toilet.
- We recommend emptying it every 4-8 hours.
Rinse or wipe and reinsert
- Rinse your Mooncup with water or wipe it with a tissue.
- Fold and re-insert.