Senior Sales Manager – UK & International
This is an exciting opportunity to head up the Mooncup sales team as the Senior Sales Manager – UK & International. A highly experienced sales professional with exceptional commercial expertise, you will have an excellent understanding of high street, grocery or health and beauty retail and be ready to drive the sales growth of a game changing, ethical UK brand.
Mooncup Ltd is a multi-award-winning ethical business manufacturing and distributing the Mooncup® – the world’s first silicone menstrual cup.
Thanks to relentless work in smashing taboos and changing perceptions, menstrual cups have now secured their rightful place as the third sanitary product option on feminine hygiene aisles worldwide.
To maximise on this opportunity as the original, ethical brand and the best-known menstrual cup in the UK, Mooncup is on a mission to increase market share; uplifting sales worldwide to align with the company’s long-term goals of improving brand value and fortifying its position as a market leader in an increasingly competitive landscape.
Mooncup Ltd is an Employee Owned Business, with the Mooncup a one-off purchase that lasts for years, made in the UK to the highest quality standards – we like to do things differently and punch well above our weight. If you’re hungry to drive sales growth by maximising on your connections and commercial acumen in the name of a product and company that are for people and the planet, as well as profit – we’d love to hear from you.
Job Title – Senior Sales Manager – UK & International
We are looking for a proactive and ambitious Sales Manager with exceptional commercial expertise to drive sales growth and increase market share for the Mooncup brand.
As an experienced Sales Manager you will have a strong track record in B2B product sales, preferably within FMCG and health & beauty markets and a good network of contacts in these channels.
You will be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with UK, European and International distributors, retailers and online partners, expanding sales channels and increasing brand awareness, sales and profit.
With demonstrable experience in managing a sales team, producing and delivering a sales strategy you will have had measurable impact through your sales experience. The Senior Sales Manager will be adept at prioritising strategic objectives, decision making and leading a sales team to deliver and exceed the agreed sales & profit targets.
- Develop and implement an effective ‘route to market’ brand and sales strategy, with a detailed growth plan across all channels/markets worldwide, that aligns with the company’s long-term goals of improving brand value and positioning as a market leader.
- Collaborating with the Marketing Manager on international marketing activity.
Winning new business
- New account and door opening according to business development targets.
- Ability to use knowledge and influential industry contacts to accelerate the growth and development of the Mooncup brand.
- Initiating discussions, leading contract and pricing negotiations with potential new trading partners to secure strongest possible outcome for Mooncup.
- Generate significant sales via new customers and new channels.
Distributor Liaison & Account Management
- Overseeing, developing, and nurturing key distributor & strategic partner relationships; representing the business at meetings and trade shows both in the UK & internationally.
- Manage and develop day to day trading, communication and sales initiatives with UK & international wholesale, distributors & Etail channels.
- Actively engage & share the company brand vision and sales goals with partners.
- Meet or exceed sales & profit targets across all Mooncup International sales channels.
Forecasting, Budget Management & Reporting
- Prepare annual reports per account including marketing plans & spend, sales targets and product forecasts in line with the terms of partner agreements.
- Fully accountable for achieving UK & International trade targets on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis.
- Monitor brand performance across customers/territories, generating timely action plans.
- Accountable for delivering detailed monthly channel specific summary reports, analyzing & explaining performance, providing insights, highlighting risks & identifying opportunities.
- Regularly liaise with logistics team on forecasting, orders, stock management and COGS.
- P&L knowledge & accountability.
- Implementing and managing structured sales activity with the sales team.
- Leading by example and motivating the team to reach their full potential and increase KPI performance.
- Distributor agreements, NDAs, compliance with regulatory requirements across different markets.
- Identifying and developing new and emerging overseas markets and new trade partners in existing markets.
- Monitoring market trends and competitor activity.
- An ambitious sales professional with proven experience in product sales, ideally within health and beauty/FMCG sector
- Driven by both sales & profit: steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Experience in export sales, well used to identifying and developing international health, beauty and/or FMCG markets through distributors, retailers and online partners
- An excellent understanding of high street or grocery retail with proven ability to operate in a competitive retail landscape
- Existing black book of contacts or existing customer relationships with Supermarkets, FMCG and Key European retailers
- Strong business development skills with the ability to display exceptional persuasive abilities with buyers, lead discussions around brand development and initiatives to surpass sales & brand objectives.
- Inspirational leadership skills and proven experience in managing people and teams. Adds morale and spirit in the team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; defines success in terms of the whole team; supportive of others
- Ability to build & maintain great relationships with customers and colleagues, gaining their trust and respect; strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential, both face to face and via technology
- A positive attitude with a can-do approach to problem solving, demonstrating initiative and ability to make decisions
- A team player with a strong, collaborative work ethic, and a professional friendly approach
- Strong commercial acumen with superb financial planning and reporting skills, the ability to set pricing, work to budget and monitor profitability
- Sensitivity to the operational restrictions of a small business. Ability to be flexible and self-reliant in this regard
Salary: £39,000 – £45,000 pa + sales related bonus
This is a full time, permanent position, ideally 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, including paid lunch break.
The successful applicant will join a friendly, committed team and will receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working
- 33 days paid holiday per year, including bank holidays and Christmas closure.
- Company ethical pension scheme and potential for annual profit-related team bonus.
- Conveniently located offices near Brighton station. This is a hybrid role. Working from Home and some travel will be required along with regular office attendance.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so if you are interested in joining our team, the sooner you apply, the better!
Initial interviews will be held over Zoom with a second interview to be held at our office in Brighton.
Thank you for your interest.