Sales Manager – UK & International – Full Time Job
Mooncup Ltd is a multi- award-winning ethical business manufacturing the Mooncup®- the world’s first silicone menstrual cup- and distributing it internationally.
We are looking for an experienced international sales manager to join our thriving team.
Manufactured in the UK, the Mooncup is a one-off purchase that lasts for years, putting a stop to the waste, cost and discomfort of disposable sanitary products. Thanks to relentless work in transforming the category, menstrual cups have now gained their rightful place as the third sanitary product option on feminine hygiene aisles worldwide.
Mooncup Ltd is an Employee Owned Business with a team of 18 dedicated people working to the highest quality standards; we like to do things differently and punch well above our weight.
If you’ve come from an FMCG /health and beauty/natural products space and would like to turn your tricks to profit while helping people and the planet, enjoying life by the Brighton seaside and steering an incredibly engaged team behind a groundbreaking product – get in touch.
As an experienced Sales Manager the successful candidate will have a strong track record with B2B and B2C sales in international markets and be able to build and maintain good working relationships with UK, European and International distributors, wholesalers and retailers.
This role requires: a minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a sales team/delivering a sales strategy, 3 years’ experience in international sales (preferably working for a brand in the natural health and beauty, medical device or FMCG sector). The Sales Manager will have worked in business for a minimum of 10 years and be adept at prioritising strategic objectives, decision-making, managing, engaging and motivating a sales team in commercial activities and, dovetailing efforts in line with business objectives.Distributor liaison is central to the success of our business, and sensitivity to linguistic restrictions and cultural differences is required for these relationships to flourish. Fluency or competence in a second language would be extremely useful for this role as well as an understanding of economic geography. This role will entail regular trips to meetings, trade shows and exhibitions both in the UK and internationally.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven track record of managing people is essential as the successful candidate will be working with the sales team to drive the business forward. While an in-depth understanding of company culture and objectives will be crucial for this role, there will be opportunities to rethink working systems and suggest improvements.
The role involves:
- Developing and implementing a strategy across a range of sales channels including distributors, wholesalers, retailers and e-commerce platforms.
- Steering sales strategy in line with key business objectives in collaboration with the Company Directors and the Sales team.
- Monitoring and reporting on distributor activity, market trends and competitor activities.
- Identifying and developing new and emerging overseas markets and new trade partners in existing markets.
- In many countries menstrual cups are classified as medical devices. The successful candidate will be required to work within our Quality Management System (Mooncup Ltd is ISO13485 certified and registered with the FDA) developing a deep knowledge of our products and maintaining a sensitivity to regulatory requirements across different markets.
- Overseeing key Distributor relationships – developing and maintaining good professional relationships with main accounts and strategic partners of the company. This will entail face to face meetings and trade shows as required.
- Developing business and sales further with current customers and supporting the sales team in doing so.
Leading the Sales team
- Implementing and managing structured sales activity with the sales team.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the sales department.
- Inspirational leadership skills and proven experience in managing people and teams
Strong Business Development skills including:
- Relationship building –Strong and confident communicator with a superior level of interpersonal skills for developing business rapport with key decision makers and collaborating with a highly engaged team.
- Strategic, analytical approach, highly organised, and good attention to detail.
- A pro-active, dynamic, and positive attitude.
- Ability to work and travel (worldwide) independently with the flexibility to spend periods of time away from home.
- A team player with a strong, collaborative work ethic, and a professional friendly approach.
- High levels of professionalism and personal drive, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong commercial acumen with superb financial planning and reporting skills, the ability to set pricing, work to budget and monitor profitability.
- Sensitivity to the operational restrictions of a small business.
For more information about the Mooncup please visit our website mooncup.co.uk
The successful applicant will join a friendly, happy team and will receive the following benefits:
- Starting rate of £45k/annum = £21.63/hour for a 40 hour week.
- Permanent position, ideally 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, including paid lunch break.
- 33 days paid holiday per year (4 weeks annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays and 5 office closure days over Christmas).
- Opportunity to join and collaborate in the running of an employee owned business recently rated among the UK’s top 50 Ethical Businesses and Brands. For Information on what this means go to http://employeeownership.co.uk/
- Nurturing business culture offering communal lunches and regular professional massages.
- Company ethical pension scheme and potential for annual profit-related team bonus.
- Conveniently located offices near Brighton station with spacious office kitchen and showers.
Closing date for applications: Monday 28th January 2019.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
There will be two rounds of interviews.
First round will be held on Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th February.
Successful candidates from the first round will be invited back for a second interview on either 26th, 27th or 28th February 2019.
Please also complete and attach the Equal Opportunities Form