Marketing Manager UK & International. Full Time
Mooncup Ltd is a multi- award-winning ethical business manufacturing the Mooncup®- the world’s first silicone menstrual cup- and distributing it internationally.
We are looking for an experienced international marketer to join our thriving eighteen-strong team.
Thanks to relentless work in smashing taboos and changing perceptions, menstrual cups have now secured their rightful place as the third sanitary product option on feminine hygiene aisles worldwide. With the Mooncup® the original, ethical brand, now retailing in 50 countries worldwide, the successful candidate will steer impactful international marketing activity. Within a competitive market, you will be creating the strategies to secure loyalty and attract a new generation of customers.
Mooncup Ltd is an Employee Owned Business, with the Mooncup a one-off purchase that lasts for years, made in the UK to the highest quality standards- we like to do things differently and punch well above our weight. So if you’ve come from an FMCG /health and beauty/natural products space and would like to turn your tricks to profit while helping people and the planet, living a life by the Brighton seaside and steering an incredibly engaged team behind a ground-breaking product – get in touch.
As an experienced Marketer, the successful candidate will have a strong track record in delivering successful and innovative B2C campaigns across territories and platforms. With a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing a marketing team, marketing budgets, and campaign planning, the candidate will have been marketing in a commercial environment for a minimum of 10 years. The Marketing Manager will be adept at decision-making, managing, engaging and motivating a small, agile marketing team and will work alongside the Marketing Assistant in day to day marketing activities, dovetailing efforts in line with Key Business Objectives.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an enthusiastic, open-minded and creative approach are essential married with methodical project planning aptitude and keen attention to detail. Digitally fluent, the Marketing Manager will be versant in SEO and CMS, with experience with ecommerce, influencer and affiliate marketing, and social media management. The successful candidate will be confident in deploying the full marketing mix- from digital to print, PR, radio, outdoor and traditional media- to maximise on the punch of a modest budget.
While an in-depth understanding of company culture and objectives will be crucial there will be opportunity to rethink working systems and suggest improvements.
• Ideas and strategy: leading ideas generation, creating integrated PR and marketing campaigns and offering strategic direction.
• Campaign planning & management: planning marketing activity in line with company objectives, meticulous project management across languages and platforms.
• Reporting & Analysis: undertaking category reviews, evaluating and reporting activity impact and ROI.
• Agency & Supplier management: proposing and selecting third party agencies as needed, managing, reviewing and maximising on existing supplier offering including SEO, hosting and web development.
• Regulation: checking supplier contracts, NDAs, safeguarding departmental compliance to regulations.
• Content planning & Copywriting: signing off copywriting, overseeing tone of voice consistency across touchpoints, creating strategic plans, briefs and proposals.
• Thought leadership: attending events, participating in speaker opportunities, exploring partnerships.
• Crisis communications: leading on crises and issues.
• People management: inspiring the team to reach their full potential.
• Ad-hoc: ready to roll up your sleeves and help the team where necessary.
• Significant experience in international B2C marketing communications.
• A communications and marketing expert with an excellent knowledge of global trends and news events and strong media & influencer relations skills.
• Outstanding communicator- written and spoken.
• Curious, open-minded and agile, you’ll be keen to do things differently.
• A strategic thinker able to design and deliver complex campaigns.
• Able to work to objectives, targets, deadlines and deliver results.
• Strong commercial acumen – first-rate planning and reporting with the ability to set and work to budget and monitor profitability.
• Sensitivity to the operational restrictions of a small business.
• Passionate about environmental, health and ethical issues.
• A team- player with a strong, collaborative work ethic and the ability to work independently.
• Fluency or competence in a second language would be ideal.
Quality Management System
The successful candidate will be required to work within our Quality Management System. Mooncup Ltd is ISO 13485 certified and registered with the FDA.
For more information about the Mooncup please visit our website www.mooncup.co.uk
The successful applicant will join a friendly, happy team and will receive the following benefits:
• Starting rate of £45,000/annum = £21.63/hour for a 40 hour week.
• Permanent position, ideally 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, including paid lunch break.
• 33 days paid holiday per year (4 weeks annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays and 5 office closure days over Christmas).
• Opportunity to join and collaborate in the running of an employee owned business recently rated among the UK’s top 50 Ethical Businesses and Brands. For Information on what this means go to employeeownership.co.uk
• Nurturing business culture offering communal lunches and regular professional massages.
• Company pension scheme and potential for annual profit-related team bonus.
• Conveniently located offices near Brighton station with spacious office, kitchen and showers.
Closing date for applications: Monday 28th January 2019.
There will be two rounds of interviews.
First round will be held on Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th February.
Successful candidates from the first round will be invited back for a second interview on either 26th, 27th or 28th February 2019.
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete and attach the Equal Opportunities Form