Logistics Manager – Full Time
Mooncup Ltd is a multi- award-winning Brighton based ethical business manufacturing the Mooncup® – the world’s first silicone menstrual cup- and distributing it internationally.
We are an Employee Owned Business looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to join our committed seventeen-strong team.
As an experienced Logistics Manager, the successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing logistics including purchasing and managing stock, quality control, liaising with a manufacturing partner and maintaining key supplier relationships. They will work closely with the Dispatch Assistant and Operations Director, central to the smooth running of business logistics.
A keen eye for detail and strong mathematical skills, high level of data accuracy and methodical approach are critical in this role to ensure the seamless supply of SKUs to a wide range of trade accounts both in the UK and internationally. Strong IT skills ranging from Excel to Stock Management systems are key.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for production forecasting in liaison with the Sales Manager alongside ongoingly keeping track of costs and indicating efficiencies. Happy to work to established work instructions and procedures within the department, the new team member will also be experienced in implementing new logistics opportunities and solutions. An experienced problem-solver, they will be adept at prioritising and confidently resolving issues as they arise within the supply chain.
Mooncup Ltd is an ethical business committed to operating as environmentally consciously and sustainably as possible. An interest in environmental issues would be a distinct advantage for this role.
- Expertise in logistics and operational efficiency, with experience in purchasing and stock management are essential
- Strong commercial acumen with cost management skill
- A minimum of five years of management experience in related positions
- Experience of working with 3PL (Third party logistics) fulfilment partners
- Experience of export operations including liaison with freight forwarders and customs agents
- Experience working within logistics in FMCG industry would be ideal
- Excellent IT skills with an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Sage 50 Accounts Professional would be a distinct advantage
- Experience of using a Customer Relationship Management system, ideally ACT
- Excellent organisational skills, with a methodical approach and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Sensitivity to the operational restrictions of a small business.
- Self –managing with an ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Clear and friendly written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative and proactive approach to work
- Flexible and able to work as part of a team
- Awareness of environmental issues
- Maintaining production forecasts and ordering schedules for all stock items and communicating these to the factory
- Monitoring packaging rejected by the factory with a view to continually improving quality
- Monitoring and recording stock levels, including quarterly stock takes performed at the factory and at the office
- Managing stock levels at our EU fulfilment centre and organising shipments as and when appropriate
- Using Sage 50 Accounts Professional to set up new product codes and bills of materials, raise purchase orders for all stock items, packaging, publicity and point of sale materials
- Maintaining the Device Master Record document with all product and packaging specifications and communicating these requirements with the factory.
- Keeping the Financial Director up to date with any changes to supplier charges
Supplier Management and Quality Control
- Maintaining relationships with our major suppliers – carrying out annual supplier reviews, maintaining Supplier Agreements and factory visits as required
- Organising recalls if necessary
- Controlling defective stock and its replacement or return
- Attending and contributing to weekly team meetings, Bi-monthly Board Meetings, department meetings and other meetings as required
Mooncup Ltd works with an ISO 13485 certified supplier and operates a Quality Management System to ensure that a high level of quality is maintained. Alongside other requirements this involves the creation and maintenance of controlled documents, the Device Master Record for the Mooncup product and managing regular supplier reviews. Some prior experience of regulatory standards and working within a quality managed environment would be useful.
The successful applicant will join a friendly, happy team and will receive the following benefits:
- Starting rate of £35,000/annum based on a 40 hour week
- Permanent position, ideally 9am – 5pm 5 days a week, including paid lunch break.
- 33 days paid holiday per year (4 weeks annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays and 5 office closure days over Christmas) pro rata
- Opportunity to join and collaborate in the running of an employee owned business rated among the UK’s top 50 Ethical Businesses and Brands. For Information on what this means go to employeeownership.co.uk
- Company pension scheme and potential for annual profit-related team bonus.
- Conveniently located offices near Brighton station. A mix of office and Working from Home may be required in line with government guidelines.
To apply for this role please complete both the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form and email to: [email protected]
Please do not send CV’s as they will not be considered.
Application deadline 9am Monday 24th May 2021
Interviews to be held on Wednesday 9th June & Thursday 10th June 2021