Head of Finance and Operations
This is an exciting opportunity to play an influential role in the future of Mooncup Ltd as part of the senior leadership team. A highly experienced, dynamic and data driven accounting professional with exceptional skill in operational management and innovation, you will have strong commercial awareness and experience working with consumer products, ideally in Retail/Wholesale/FMCG environments.
A seasoned strategist, you’ll not only understand current accounting & operational practices and trends but have proven experience in adapting to change. With the attention to detail it takes to consistently meet customer and bottom-line expectations, you’ll also enjoy the challenge of implementing changes: underpinning the future success of a game changing, ethical UK brand.
Mooncup Ltd is a multi-award-winning ethical business manufacturing and distributing the Mooncup® – the world’s first silicone menstrual cup.
As the original, ethical brand and the best-known menstrual cup in the UK, Mooncup is on a mission to continue to transform disposable habits. Together, we can achieve this through increasing market share, uplifting sales worldwide and growing our ground-breaking range.
Mooncup Ltd is an Employee-Owned Business, with the Mooncup a one-off purchase that lasts for years, made in the UK to the highest quality standards –we like to do things differently and punch well above our weight. If you’re keen to apply your financial and operational experience to the ambitions of a product and company that are for people and the planet, as well as profit – we’d love to hear from you.
Job Title – Head of Finance and Operations
- Oversee accounts and finance, verifying accuracy, observing, and addressing any material variances
- Ensure accurate management and annual accounts reporting, managing, and executing annual audit including consolidated accounts to include transactions via our branch in the Netherlands
- Maximise gross profit KPI’s through focus on RRP, pricing structure, margin, and cost of goods
- Manage all banking and financial services relationships reporting to Directors where necessary
- Oversee all liaison with external Finance and accounts professionals ensuring good relationships are maintained
- Responsible for compiling annual budget taking a bottom-up approach, including all departments in its creation
Financial Reporting, Analysis and Planning:
- Work with Company Directors to shape a robust business strategy that delivers required sales and EBITDA growth, manages cost, and maintains cash flow
- Play key role in senior leadership team, providing strategic, financial, and operational change management
- Provide timely and relevant reports to allow directors and senior management team to understand underlying business performance
- Provide regular and ad hoc analysis on sales and margin product performance
- Work closely with supply chain to understand the business stock and cash needs, looking to provide both support and direction to deliver improvements
- Work closely with Company Directors and Logistics Manager to improve business processes and productivity
- Oversee IT systems including optimisation and changes as needed and manage Sage Accountancy and Xero software
- Manage all company website payment options & integrations with fulfilment
Product Distribution and development:
- Collaborate with Logistics Manager to ensure timely product availability
- Continuously monitor cost of goods, pricing, and margins
- Provide advice and support in ensuring all products meet technical and regulatory requirements
- Work with Senior Sales and Logistics Managers to facilitate good forecast accuracy across SKUs including lead times and international distribution
- Oversee the conversion of finished goods requirements into forecast requirements for component parts
- Procurement and Production Planning
- Supplier liaison to manage performance, implement production changes, maintain quality, maximise availability and optimise inventory efficiency
- Oversee procurement of all components required in the production of finished goods ensuring timely delivery, economic order quantities and optimum cost of goods
- Work with Logistics Manager to develop and deliver twelve-month forward production plan for finished goods manufacturers, ensuring producers plan workload and resource requirements
- Oversee supplier and production transitions
- Ensure that traceability processes are in place and organise recalls if necessary
- Maintain major supplier relationships attending annual supplier reviews and factory visits
People management & HR support:
- Oversee and support Logistics Manager, Dispatch Assistant and Bookkeeper as required
- Liaise with Bookkeeper to manage leave and bonus allocation records changes on payroll software
- Support with negotiation of commercial contracts, including distributor and supplier agreements, NDAs, compliance with regulatory requirements across different markets
- Ensure accurate statutory financial statements are produced and filed in a timely way
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, ideally FCA), with 7-10 years’ experience & proven experience in FP&A
- Experience with consolidated accounts, overseas branches/companies and preparing management accounts
- Strong, professional communication & interpersonal skill
- Advanced Excel, IT & Data confident with multiple systems experience
- Experience gained within a Retail/Wholesale/FMCG environment would be ideal
- Experience managing multiple key stakeholders
- Confident negotiator, adept at challenging and influencing successfully
- Driven by bottom line results, enquiring & constantly challenging procedures to maximize profitability and productivity
- Ability to build & maintain great relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues
- A positive attitude with a can-do approach to problem solving, demonstrating initiative and ability to make decisions
- Ability to absorb and summarise complex information
- Sensitivity to the operational restrictions of a small business with the ability to be flexible and self-reliant
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 pa
This is a full time, permanent position, ideally 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday, including paid lunch break.
The successful applicant will join a friendly, committed team and will receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working
- 33 days paid holiday per year, including bank holidays and Christmas closure.
- Company ethical pension scheme and potential for annual profit-related team bonus.
- Conveniently located offices near Brighton station. This is a hybrid role. Working from Home and some travel will be required along with regular office attendance.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so if you are interested in joining our team, the sooner you apply, the better!
Initial interviews will be held over Zoom with a second interview to be held at our office in Brighton.
Thank you for your interest.