Su Hardy, the Company Director, and her employees believe that the Mooncup menstrual cup has the potential to greatly improve women’s experience of their periods, as well as reducing the environmental damage caused by the manufacture and disposal of throwaway sanitary protection.With these goals in mind the team at Mooncup is working to ensure that the Mooncup is the menstrual product of the future, guided by environmentally and people friendly business practices.
- Mooncup Ltd. offers a professional advice line run by qualified Nurses. Working actively with health professionals, Mooncup Ltd aims to be at the forefront of research and education about all aspects of menstrual health
- The Mooncup is manufactured in the UK to ISO standard 13485:2003. Close proximity to the factory facilitates a high standard of quality control.
- Tampons can cause dryness and leave fibres behind. The Mooncup is designed to respect your natural balance.
- The Mooncup is made from soft medical grade silicone, is latex-free and hypoallergenic and contains no dyes, BPA, phthalates, plastic, bleaches or toxins.
- The Mooncup packaging, leaflets and usage guide are made from 100% post consumer recycled materials and printed with vegetable inks. Every Mooncup comes with its own storage pouch, which has been manufactured in an accredited Fairtrade factory from unbleached organic cotton.
- Mooncup Ltd is the first sanitary protection manufacturer in the world to be certified as an Ethical Business
- The Mooncup has been awarded ‘Best Buy’ status by the Ethical Consumer magazine, following a review of all sanitary products. The Best Buy Label is only awarded to those companies and products that have met more than twenty animal welfare, environmental and human rights criteria following independent research.
- Mooncup is the top-rated sanitary product in The Good Shopping Guide (New Edition 6)
- The Mooncup office is run on 100% renewable energy provided by a small, ethical UK supplier. Wherever possible, Mooncup Ltd delivers by road to minimise pollution
- Mooncup Ltd’s bankers were selected on the basis of their ethical investment policies
- The Mooncup team selects environmentally friendly supplies for the office wherever possible
- Contribution to landfill is kept at a minimum through recycling the majority of office waste
- The majority of the Mooncup team walk or cycle to the office, and are committed to environmentally-friendly practices both personally and professionally
- The Mooncup is certified by the Vegan Society
- In 2007, Mooncup Ltd. was voted winner at the Women in Ethical Business Awards
- Mooncup Ltd is committed to saving women and the environment the cost of unnecessary disposable purchases. Combined with regular customer surveys, this attitude has informed decisions such as whether to manufacture additional products such as washes or ‘novelty’ Mooncups